Hi there, bowies!
How are you all? I hope you answered that question with “freaking awesome.” So remember…eons ago when I did a favorites post? You know, in July? Well..after that…I just kind of forgot that I had started doing favorites. So I’m going to try again and I’m definitely going to keep it up! A lot of these products are things I’ve rediscovered or received as gifts for my birthday. And also, I think this is going to be a long one.
- Clarisonic Classic in Pink – I’m a changed woman. That’s a big thing to say. I won’t lie, I’ve joined the Clarisonic fan club. I’m in love with the way my skin feels and glows when I use it. I’ve even seen a reduction in my pore size! I’ll be doing a proper review on it soon, pinky promise.
- Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy Body Lotion in Vanilla Verbena – I got this lotion when I was treating myself to candles for my birthday (it was actually free due to a promotion that they were doing during the holidays – always check for awesome coupons!) . To be honest, I didn’t think I was going to enjoy it and had a feeling I was just going to regift it. Thank God I didn’t. I’m a big vanilla girl and I have to say the scent in this is really soft. It’s not overpoweringly sweet. It’s from the Stress Relief range and for that reason (placebo?) I put it on before bed after a hot shower. It’s light and not at all greasy. I’m in love.
- Lush Lip Scrub in Popcorn – I scored two of these little miracle workers in the Lush after Christmas sale while I was in Colorado. I love it that much. I use to make my own lip scrubs, but none of them smelled and tasted like popcorn. This scrub works just as well as my homemade ones, but is a completely dry scrub. The scrub was a part of the Christmas collection and I hope it makes another appearance next year. (Update: I’ve been informed they’ve made it part of the permanent collection! Squee!)
- Lady Gaga Fame Eau de Parfum Roller Ball – I got this perfume in a set that came with the full size bottle and an egg shape bar of soap. Being a proud little monster myself, I was really excited when this fragrance came out. I am crazy about the woody, sweet scent. It’s not too girly and confectionary smelling. It’s more of a…mysterious, floral, musky scent.
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Matte Waterproof Bronzer in Park Avenue Princess – This product, like the B.B. cream, was an initial disappointment. I first stuck it on my wishlist when I heard Bunny of grav3yardgirl (whoop whoop, swamp family!) talk about it in one of her videos. She was raving about how pigmented it was and I thought it was too good to be true. I’m not sure whether or not she has the matte bronzer, but that might be why my experience was initially different (as well as, you know, I’m brown like a latte.). The bronzer, being matte, is great for contouring, but when I first started using it I couldn’t even see the product when I applied it. Since then, I’ve learned the tricks to applying it and I’m in love.
- Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Concealer in Buff – I mentioned this product in one of my very first posts, my daily make up products (which is so different now!). Then, I wasn’t crazy about it. This month, I’ve actually been getting more sleep (8:30 classes will force you to do that) and haven’t been needing such intense concealer. I like the brightening effect it gives underneath my eyes, but I will say you need to blend this in well or else you’ll just be walking around looking like you’ve got the eyes of a Kardashian.
- Garnier Skin Renew B.B. Cream in Medium Deep – When I first bought this B.B. cream, I wasn’t obsessed. I had purchased it a little bit before summer when the B.B. cream craze first began. I had high hopes and was kinda disappointed. My oily skin only felt oilier. fast forward 10 months. Right now the weather is flip flopping all over the place (It was 80 yesterday and 55 today. Florida, you crackhead.), but I love wearing this on the cooler days. I do set it with a powder and I love the light, dewy, natural looking finish it gives once it’s set.
And that, my lovelies, is that. What are your favorites for this month?
I hope you all have a lovely rest of your week and we shall talk soon!
-Tara Joy ❤
PS Keep a look out for a special surprise post next week!