Hi there, bowies!
Happy Thanksgiving to those of you in the states! Something that comes along with Thanksgiving is Black Friday. I’m actually leaving for Black Friday shopping shortly! I thought I’d share some tips for those big sales and holiday events that go on around this time of year. So let’s get started!
- Know what you want – Something I do every time I set out for a big sale like this is take a peek into my closet, my jewelry box, and my make up stash. What are some things I’m actually missing that I could use? I make two lists on my phone. One for what I want and another for what I’d like to get others. Being specific doesn’t hurt either! A list will keep you from spending money on something only to go home and realize you have something just like it in your dresser.
- Research deals – Now that you know what you want, it’s time to figure out what you would be willing to pay for it! I always research and figure out what my favorite stores are doing for black friday as far as what time they’re opening and what kind of deals they are going to do. Make sure to prioritize and choose what deals are really worth it and what on your list is more important to you.
- Plan where you want to go – Remember that research you did? This is where it comes into play. Look at your “grocery list” and think of which stores you could get those items from. You don’t have to plan it hour by hour like I do, but you should be aware of where you want to go and prioritize what places are most important to you.
- Budget, Budget, Budget! – How much is that stuff to cost exactly? If you set a reasonable budget you should be good to go. When it comes to setting my budget, I look at my list and make an estimate on how much I should be spending. I give myself about $15 wiggle room just in case I find something that I didn’t have on my list, but I’m completely in love with.
- Dress comfy – My go-to shopping outfit choice is comfy dresses. Not only are dresses no fuss, but if you are going to try things on it’s super easy to pull that sucker on and off. Dresses are also great for those who don’t want to hop into a dressing room (like me). I pull on shorts and pants under my dresses in order to see how they look and I also don’t mind pulling a shirt or sweater over my dress to see how the fit is. Yup. I’m that crazy girl. Also! Pull out your comfiest pair of flats or sneakers. Lots of walking should be expected.
- Bring a buddy – Not only is shopping with a friend fun, but it’s super useful! This buddy should be someone who understands your taste. I love shopping with a friend because when I look for things I also look out for things my companion might like. Friends come in friendly too when it comes to waiting in line. Sometimes your eyes get drawn to things while you’re in line and if you’ve got a buddy with you, you can take turns roaming the store for goodies and waiting in line to pay.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help – See some shoes you like, but not in your size? Ask! Absolutely ask! You could be missing out on a great pair of shoes. Not only that, but don’t be afraid to ask about prices. Sometimes, deals can be confusing when it comes to what will actually ring up at the register. It’s your hard earned money so don’t ever second guess asking for help.
- Don’t get swept up into the spirit – It’s so easy to start getting sucked into every thing that says “sale” on it. Don’t ever settle for a not so great deal. 15% off? Not so great. 25% off clearance? Sounds tons better. Think not once, but three times about what use you would get out of the item. How many outfits can you think of putting together with it? Is it of good quality? How long will it last? Be reasonable. Some of that money can go toward a few other nice things that actually are wonderful deals!
- Wait til cyber Monday – Don’t be upset if you can’t find something you’re looking for! Deals don’t stop after Friday. Cyber Monday allows for you to continue the great shopping adventure online. Most sites also offer free shipping on Cyber Mondays which is a great perk.
Good luck on your holiday searches! I’m off to prepare to get on with my own shopping journey. Have a great rest of your week, bow friends! We’ll talk soon.
– Tara Joy ❤