Any time you’re packing for travel, whether it be a road trip, out of country, or hopping all over the place for a month, it’s important that you don’t just shove everything in your bathroom cabinet into a suitcase. I’ve always been a “maybe I’ll wear/use that” traveler, while added up to about a whole other suitcase of things I never even ended up using during my travels.
In the most recent months I’ve had the most thrilling opportunity to travel the US with my husband for his career, which requires us to move to a new location every 13 weeks, naturally hopping all over the United States requires us to pack extremely light and thoughtfully. In my first guest post for the lovely Beaus and Bows, I’d like to tackle the topic of travel essentials in the form of my Top 10 Beauty Essentials.
- L’Oreal Paris True Match Super Blendable Makeup (Porcelain W1) – I switched from a rather expensive Aveda powder foundation about two years ago to True Match and haven’t looked back. It has 17 SPF, comes in 33 shades, is oil free and goes on sheer (light to medium coverage)
- L’Oreal Paris Translucide Naturally Luminous Powder (Light) – Helps achieve a healthy glow and sets makeup for the day without the cakey formula you see in other powders. It also minimizes pores and enhances the skins texture.
- L’Oreal Paris True Match Super Blendable Blush (Bare Honey W1-2) – This blush is available in 12 natural shades that cooperate with the True Match Blendable Makeup to create the perfect foundation/blush color combination so it’s easy for you to pick your shade.
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion (Original) – I have to rave about this eyeshadow primer because it is literally the best product I’ve ever stumbled upon. Apply this primer after foundation and powder and before eyeshadow for more vibrant eyeshadow color and crease-free 24 hour wear.
- Maybelline ExpertWear Eyeshadow (Modern Metallics Sunlit Bronze) – Maybelline has been my go-to for eyeshadow since I can remember wearing makeup and this shade quad has always been a staple for my daily makeup routine. The formula is extremely blendable, and safe for sensitive eyes.
- Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler – This is the first eyelash curler I ever purchased. It stands the test of time and is a vital part of my daily routine (says the girl with the stubby and lifeless lashes). Use before applying mascara for an instant uplift and curl of natural lashes.
- Maybelline Illegal Length Fiber Extensions Mascara (Very Black) – I can’t stress enough how many different mascara products I’ve tried on my search for bold, separated, long lashes. This is my current go to. It is buildable (don’t let it dry between coats), great for separating lashes and goes on extremely light.
- L’Oreal Paris Pencil Perfect Self-Advancing Eyeliner (Carbon Black) – This eye liner is the only liner I’ve ever used. Don’t fix what isn’t broken. This formula in long-wearing, smudge proof and glides on so there’s no blotting and starting over to do.
- Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm (Tiger Lily) – This was an accidental find, which I couldn’t be more thrilled about! It’s chapstick that enhances your natural lip color. This tinted lip balm comes in 6 sheer shades and is perfect for reapplication all day.
- Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter (Peach Parfait) – As soon as I saw Emma Stone effortlessly pulling off the Peach Parfait shade, I knew I had to see what this was all about (I have pale skin and reddish hair as well). I’ve NEVER been a fan of lipstick, but this is revolutionary! The color goes on smooth and buttery, adding a healthy glow to lips. (I wear Peach Parfait or Sugar Plum over Burt’s Bees lip balm)
All of these products are compact and fit nicely into my wallet sized makeup bag for travel ease. What are some of your must-have beauty essentials? Let us know in the comments.